Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yup. I'm a Gleek.

You know, i've never spoken in depth about the way I feel towards music to anyone. Probably because I'm not sure if anyone feels as passionate as i do about it. Just for one minute picture the world without music. It would be a terrifying place, in my opinion. I honestly don't know how i'm going to get through this blog, and make my point, because putting what I feel into words seems pretty impossible. When i started singing i never imagined i would need music to get me through each day. Seriously..I need it. I feel lost without music. I'm pretty open to all genres, because I believe that each one requires a different sort of talent to excel in. People who look down on genres that they don't like don't truly appreciate music as a whole. I do. And today i'm going to address the tv show Glee. I'm well aware many people don't enjoy the show, or what it's about. They think it's stupid, or don't like the music they perform. But let me tell you something...EVERY. SINGLE. ONE of those kids are talented as hell. It is unbelievable sometimes what they are capable of. My heart is filled with absolute joy when I get to watch it. I guess i'm sort of obsessed with performing. But when you find something you're good at and that you love...it's hard to not obsess. I truly hope people can relate to the way I feel, because if not I just look like a total fool right now. But if you can't relate...just take the one thing that YOU are passionate about...and that's my love for music. I always hoped one day I would be famous. Even if my voice wasn't perfect, i felt like I loved doing it enough to make it. When I hear a good song (which...good obviously means different things to everyone) what I feel inside is unreal. I feel like everything is ok. And for those few minutes...i can escape. Man, i sure hope this doesnt make me look like a freak. But if it does...oh well. I'll stand by my obsessive love for music. If you can't take this and apply it to something in your life...i urge you to find SOMETHING that you can apply it to. Because until you are passionate about anything at all...you have no idea what life feels like..

1 comment:

  1. You're not a freak! I don't watch Glee, but I also couldn't make it through a day without music!!

    ReplyDelete